Saturday, July 20, 2013

Snack Time! Coconut Oil Refrigerator Fudge revisited

 This week I am linking up with Creative Chritsian Mama at her Whatever Weekend Link-up


I decided to add blackstrap molasses to my coconut oil refrigerator fudge

The original recipe was

2 TBSP of cocoa powder
1 TBSP Honey
1 TBSP  peanut butter or other nut butter
1/4 Cup coconut oil
1/4 Cup unsweetened coconut flakes

makes about 6 squares





this time I added
1 tsp of blackstrap molasses
4 medjool dates chopped
You can add peanuts or other nuts or seeds to your liking

 This makes a slightly thick and gooey bar. But I like the taste difference with the molasses

This must remain refrigerated and best eaten quickly or it gets a little messy on a hot day. As you can probably see in the picture it started to get a little melty while I was trying to change the light setting on my phone's camera. Its a sweltering day today.

In case you were wondering what is that black and white object in the background? Well that is Betsy the moo cow tea kettle. Someone was giving it away at work and I snatched it up.



No comments:

Post a Comment