Saturday, May 4, 2013

started on the right foot.

Hubby, son and I went out to the park and laid out in the sun for a while today. We got our Vitamin D going on! I decided to take my shoes off and kept my feet on the grass. I had just read an interesting article on Grounding (something to do with electrons from the earths surface having an impact on health).. I don't know if its true but what the heck it cant hurt to try . Of course the ants took great interest in my feet. LOL


So today I decided to buy sprouts and salad mix. I made myself a salad with it and made a dressing of my own creation.
I used olive oil
Apple cider vinegar
Himalayan pink salt
garlic powder
onion powder

I had milk kefir after and actually felt quite satisfied for the rest of the afternoon.

Dinner was a bunless hamburger with avacado, salsa, and fries. I haven't given up potatoes completely.

Then I made coconut oil chocolate with peanuts as a little snack. I used coconut palm sugar and a little bit if honey for sweetness.

I used for the chocolate itself:

2 Tbsps of coconut oil
1 Tbsp of peanut butter
1/4 cup of coconut palm sugar
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp of coconut flour

 added after
1/4 - 1/2 cup of Peanuts

Mix all ingredients. Mix in roasted peanuts and spread it on wax paper. Place in freezer for 10 to 15 min

Warning: the chocolate will melt in warm temperatures.

I feel very satisfied with today's efforts. I just need to keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment