Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Making your own- progress

I went to my favorite thrift store last weekend. Lo and behold there was a yogurt maker and crock pot sitting right next to each other on the shelf. Both were in awesome condition. They looked barely used. I have wanted a nice crock pot and a yogurt maker for so long. I was so excited when I got them home.

I decided to try the crock pot first and made curried chicken with cabbage. It came out ok but I didn't put enough salt in it. I used Himalayan pink salt.

Then I made some coconut milk yogurt, actually it was half regular milk and half coconut milk. It came out good. I am thrilled to be able to make  something from scratch like this. I will try and see if I can make it with just coconut milk next batch.

I have been really trying to get more probiotics in my diet. I have discovered kefir milk, and been buying probiotic drinks. I eventually want to start making my own kefir milk and kefir water. Maybe some day even kombucha.

I feel empowered to be able to have some sort of control over my health and am grateful to God for leading me to finding so many wonderful resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment